Thursday, July 17, 2014

Where does the water in Bath come from?

For those of us who live in the City of Bath,  when we turn on a faucet in our house, water comes out.  This happens whether or not there is a power outage.  This happens whether it's 100˚ outside or -20˚.

Did you ever wonder where this water is coming from?

And not to be too gross, but going to the bathroom is a part of life.  Do you wonder what happens to, well, the stuff that you flush down?

The Bath Water District is the Local Government Agency that deals with our water, both fresh and dirty.  Here is their webpage:

As we approach this fall's FLOW Expedition,  I encourage you to take a look at this site and begin to think about something that most of us don't think very much about: our water.  It's pretty interesting!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Health Forms

Dear students and families,

I hope this update finds you enjoying the summer!  I am attaching a link to the health form(s) required for participation in FLOW.  While the Chewonki Health Form is required for each student, the RSU 1 Medication form only needs to be filled out if your child will be taking prescription medication during the trip.  If this is the case, you will need to have the RSU 1 Medication Form signed by your child's physician.

If you do not have access to a printer, you can go to either Woolwich Central School or Bath Middle School during the week during business hours to pick one up from the office.  Please call ahead to make sure someone will be there.


Woolwich Central School:  443-9739

Bath Middle School:  443-8270

Chewonki Health Form:

RSU 1 Prescription Medication Health Form: